AIPA | The Bishop Surfboard | Surftech Dual Core | Daily Performance Shortboard
As a part of the 3 model/ Assassin Series, The Bishop was developed as an enhanced daily driver and has been in deep refinement with Team rider Joel Bishop since he came on board in 2017. After all the variations, we landed on what we comfortably describe as an average to pro level “Quiver Killer”. Since its release, This model was chosen by Tully Wiley in his debut in the 2022 Bells CT WSL contest.
The Bishop model consists of a competition rocker/ pulled in nose outline and rolled bottom for automatic speed on the take off, with the wide point moved back a half ½” for a solid back footed sensation that correlates well with the round tail for critical bottom turns and tight snaps in the pocket and heavy arcing rail turns.
For performance, we added a generous single under the front foot, flowing it into a deep single with double and moderate Vee out of the tail. The deep single with double adds lift and separation of the water between the fins making it loose and responsive, while the vee makes for easy tipping for proper rail surfing. Rails have a slight downturn / lower apex for immediate wave connection and sensitivity , but are kept a little fuller for stability in various conditions. To complement the pulled back wide point, the forward fins are also set back a ½” from a standard set up to make those tight radius turns easier while holding your rail speed.
What started out mainly as an all around competition board, became a freestyle blade for the everyday warrior.
Wave range: The Bishop performs as our widest ranged shortboard for California 3’ beach break to 5’ proper Hawaiian waves.
Fin Configuration: Thruster
Suggested Fins: Primary/(NVS) LoLo Thrusters for California, (NVS) Da Hook Thrusters for Hawaii, Alternative(FUTURES)AIPA x MAYHEM “Torches”.
Design Range: 5’0” to 6’4”
Target Sizing: At your height or 1” below
Features FUTURES Fin Box System. Fins Not Included. Use code "boarddeal" at checkout to save some $$ on a new set.
FREE Surfboard Delivery* FREE DELIVERY TO BRISBANE, SUNSHINE COAST, GOLD COAST, SYDNEY CBD and Melbourne CBD ONLY.*Remote locations, and regional locations like TAS, WA, NT, SA, ACT will incur additional shipping costs. Surf Shops Australia will advise you of any additional costs & you are welcome to proceed or cancel your order. Surfboards cannot be delivered via Australia Postage. In-stock surfboard items, allow 1-2 days for careful packaging and couriers to collect from our warehouse. Express Australia Post is not available for bulky items like boards, board covers and heavy items. All orders will be confirmed over the phone or email to finalise details.
Surftech Dual Core
1. Fused Cell EPS Core (Dual-Core w/PU Rails) // Closed cell EPS core provides more response + Flotation
2. Clear HD-Epoxy Resin // Epoxy resin system with high thermo-mechanical performances
3. High Quality E-Glass Fiberglass // E-glass has the highest strength to weight ratio available
4. Full Biax Deck Patch (45° / -45°) // The Biax fiberglass distributes power + protects from dings
5. Pop-Flex Stringer (TPU) // TPU adds pop + feel / EVA adds dampening + feel
6. PU Foam Rail Inserts (Dual-Core w/EPS Center)// PU rails adds drive in and out of turns + swing weight for airs
7. Carbon Stringer // Distributes power + protects from dings + adds break strength
8. Carbon Tail Patches // Distributes power to the fins + protects from toe/heel dings
9. Patented Technology // An exclusive technology by Surftech